September 28, 2020          Login  
City Ordinances
Tax Info
Recently Enacted Ordinances
Dashboard & Guide
Notice Minimize


Starting September 8th The City  Office Will Be Open Monday - Friday

8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m


The City of Montrose is looking for a member to serve on the Election Commission

This individual must be at least 18 years of age and a registered voter within the State of MI.  The election commission meets once prior to each election and is responsible for appointing the slate of election inspectors working each election.  Each meeting lasts approximately ½ hour and the pay is $15 per meeting. For further inquiries, please contact the City of Montrose Clerk Tina Rush at (810) 639-6168 ext. 3
The City of Montrose Now Offers Notary Services!
Notary services will be provided pursuant to the laws of the State of Michigan.

Notaries acting on the behalf of the City of Montrose: 

Costs are $5.00 for resident and $7.00 for non-resident per document.

Will only notarize documents written in English, or with the English translation attached. Notarize completed documents, which shall not contain blanks.  Not notarize copies of passports, I-9 forms, closing documents, trusts or wills. Confirm the identity of all individuals requesting notary service against a government issued photo identification card.  Act as a witness to and notarize the same document. Not certify or notarize that a record is an original or a true copy of another record. We reserve the right to refuse to notarize any document.


Hit Counter
Welcome Minimize

Welcome to the
City of Montrose, Michigan

The City of Montrose mission is to provide the citizens and business community effective municipal services while maintaining our sense of community values.

  The city has assembled links to state and local governments and other institutions to formulate a comprehensive collection of documents, laws, and information to serve your needs.  Our objectives are to increase awareness, to encourage development, to examine issues, facilitate exchange of information, to promote our interests and to assist and support our citizens.




Notice is hereby given that all noxious weeds, tall or dead grass, and brush grown on any subdivided land or land along public streets or roads or improved streets shall not exceed a height of 10 inches. Improved lots shall be maintained to a height of less than 10 inches for a depth of 125 feet or the depth of the lot, whichever is less.

Unimproved lots shall be maintained to a height of less than 10 inches for a depth of 40 feet from the centerline of the street. Failure to comply with this notice shall make any party liable for the costs of cutting noxious weeds and tall or dead grass and brush by the city of Montrose and the cost shall be levied and collected against said lands in the same manner as other taxes are levied and collected pursuant to the Montrose city charter.



        All persons or entities engaged in Home Occupations within the City of Montrose, must apply for a Home Occupation permit with the City of Montrose Clerk.  Definition of Home Occupation is “a gainful occupation conducted in a dwelling unit as an activity clearly incidental and secondary to the use of the building as a dwelling unit”.  Permits for Home Occupations may be issued by the Planning Board or its designee, provided the Home Occupation is in compliance with City of Montrose Ordinance No. 306, (As amended by Ordinance No. 338 & 407).  Failure to comply with the registration requirements of Ordinance No. 306 may result in enforcement, penalties, and other remedies. All persons with Home Occupations are asked to register with the City Offices located at 139 S. Saginaw Street, Montrose, MI  48457.

        For further information, please call the City Office at (810) 639-6168, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to Noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., or you may e-mail the City Treasurer at

Home Occupation Permit Application

Genesee County Home Improvement Program

Title VI Non-Discrimination Plan

Click here for a Building Permit

Burn Permit

2019 Water Quality Report for the City of Montrose

2018/2019 Audit

City of Montrose 2019/2020 Fiscal Year Budget


Mosquito Spraying Minimize

Rose Pest Solutions would like to remind residents to empty standing water from containers from the recent rainfall. Containers would include kid pools, bird baths, boats and tarps. 

Please do your part to help eliminate Mosquito Breeding locations.


Any questions or concerns Regarding Mosquito Control,please call Rose Pest Solutions at 1-800-437-6938.

Newsletter Minimize










Citizen of The Month Minimize

Citizen of the Month

July 2020 

          New Day For Strays

City Calendar 2020 Minimize

2020 Siren Schedule

Office Contact Info

Mailing AddressCity of Montrose139 S. Saginaw StreetMontrose, MI 48457



Hours Summer Hours

Monday- Thursday

8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.

  Copyright 2016 by City of Montrose   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement